Perfect for salad, snacking, trail mix, or anything in between, this pumpkin seed and walnut brittle is one of my favorite thing to add to my vegetable dish. It’s super crunchy, sweet, and salty. Easy to make by using only one bowl, and a whisk.
Put these goodies in an airtight container, and grab them anytime you want something delicious!
Pumpkin Seed and walnut brittle
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 Tablespoon room temperature water
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg white
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Place sugar, brown sugar, water, and egg white in a bowl.
- Using a whisk, mix them well for about 30 seconds.
- Add pumpkin seeds, walnuts, salt, and ground cinnamon. Mix well.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper or silpat and spread pumpkin seed and walnut brittle thin evenly.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until the seeds are golden brown and the surface is dry.
- Let it cool completely before breaking them apart. (and make sure they are crunchy! if not, put them back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes)