If you want a simple chocolate dessert but don’t want the huffs and puffs of intricate steps, then this chocolate lava cake is the answer!
I always appreciate a simple, easy to make, and delicious chocolate dessert. Especially when it only required a bowl, a whisk, and a big appetite. With only 6 ingredients total, and less than 30 minutes to make, this chocolate lava cake is the ultimate dessert you can make at home and guaranteed will satisfy your sweet craving in so many ways.
So let’s make this, shall we?
Chocolate Lava Cake
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 whole eggs
- 8 oz butter
- 8 oz dark chocolate
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup gluten-free flour (you can use brown rice flour, or any gluten-free flour mix)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan. As soon as the butter melt add chocolate pastilles and lower the heat.
- Keep stirring the chocolate only until the chocolate melt. Be careful to not burn the chocolate. As soon as the chocolate melt, remove from the heat and keep stirring until incorporated.
- Mix the egg and egg yolks in a medium bowl and add sugar. Use the whisk and stir the mixture.
- Add melted chocolate and butter into the egg mixture and mix until incorporated.
- Add gluten-free flour last.
- Spray the ramekins with non-stick cooking spray. Use an ice cream scoop and fill the ramekins with the batter.
- Bake until the top is barely set and the centers are soft (it will be shiny and jiggly in the middle but that's good) about 10 minutes. It is better to underbaked than overbaked.
- Remove from the oven. Let it sit for 1 minute, then either invert onto the plate to serve or serve them in the ramekins.
- Enjoy with fresh raspberries or vanilla ice cream.