Here’s another exciting gluten-free recipe to make for this season.
Meringue is fun to make and create great cookies, macarons, and dessert. It’s chewy-crisp texture on top, a soft marshmallow texture inside, and a crunchy crisp texture around the edges.
Pavlova is one of the desserts we can make using meringue. It’s crisp, soft, and delicate, usually topped with whipped cream and fresh fruits. Since it’s still summer in New York, let’s make this light and airy dessert you’ll enjoy!
Mixed Berry Pavlova
- A mixer
- 200 grams granulated sugar
- 100 grams egg whites (save the egg yolk to make lemon curd!)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- ½ cup strawberries
- ¼ cup blueberries and blackberries
- ⅛ cup raspberries
- ¼ cup mixed berry jam (lightened up with warm water)
To make meringue
- Preheat the oven to 200°F
- Put sugar in a clean medium saucepan and pour enough water just to cover the sugar. Brushing downsides of pot as necessary with a pastry brush dipped in water. Bring the water to a boil.
- Cook until sugar syrup reached soft ball stage or candy-thermometer registers 240°F.
- Place the egg whites in the bowl of an electric mixer and whisk to combine. Reduce the heat under the saucepan so that the water is just simmering. Whisk the egg whites continuously.
- When the sugar reached 240° F, remove the syrup from the stove and carefully pour the sugar syrup slowly in the mixer. Keep whisking on a high speed for about 5 minutes or until the meringue is cool, stiff, and glossy.
- Spread the meringue inside the drawn circle. Place in the oven and bake for 2 hours, then switch off the oven but leave the meringues inside until they are completely cool: this will take about 1 hour or overnight. Once cool, remove from the oven and set aside.
Make whipped cream
- Mix together heavy whipping cream and sugar until nice and fluffy.
- To assemble, spoon the cream into the center of the meringue and drizzle with lighter jam (mix jam with warm water to lighten it up). Add cut-up mixed berry.