These cookies are crispy on the outside yet soft and chewy in the inside. With dark chocolate chunk in every bite and a sprinkle of sea salt on top, these are the ultimate chocolate chip cookies you’ll ever have!
My tips for a better flavor is to have a high-quality dark chocolate and let the dough rest before bake. Chilling the dough helps reduce the spread, enhance the flavors, and bring crispy texture on the edge of the cookies.
The Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 10 oz unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1¼ cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 445 grams all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chia seed
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed
- 520 grams dark chocolate disks
- Using a stand mixer or a hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Scrape the bottom of the bowl, and mix for another 3 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract, and mix to combine.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, chia seeds, and flaxseeds to the mixer.
- Scrape the bottom of the bowl to make sure all the dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Add chocolate disks, and mix it well.
- Scoop the dough using ice cream scoop, depend on how big you want the cookies.
- Chill the dough in a fridge for at least 1 hour, or overnight before baking.
- Pre-heat the oven for 350°F, lay the cookies 3 inches apart of each other.
- Sprinkle sea salt on top each dough
- Bake for 12 minutes in the non-convection oven or about 8 minutes in a convection oven.