Great news to vegan lovers! This banana chocolate bread is moist, tender, delicious, and super simple to make. The dark chocolate chunks gives such a depth to the flavor without adding more sweetness to the bread so you can enjoy a real taste of bananas.
The key is to use overripe bananas. I’m talking they turn completely black on the outside and gooey inside. These are the BEST kind of bananas to use for baking. So before you toss those overripe bananas, save your appetite and take your mixingbowl out to make this most delicious vegan banana chocolate bread you’ll ever make.
Banana-Chocolate Bread | Vegan
- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 4 overripe bananas
- ¼ cup coconut oil (or use canola oil or vegetable oil)
- 1½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut milk (or any non dairy milk)
- ½ cup dark chocolate chunks (i prefer to use dark chocolate instead of commercial chocolate chips ) check on a specialty store to get high quality dark chocolate chunks.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degree F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas using fork.
- Whisk together the sugar, oil, milk, vanilla, and mashed bananas.
- Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture. Add chocolate chunks in the batter. Mix lightly using spatula, don't over mix.
- Pour the batter in the loaf pan, sprinkle sugar in the raw on top of the batter.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a paring knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Enjoy it with a cup of tea or coffee.