Roasted sweet potatoes have never tasted this good!
With this easy tahini butter sauce to drizzle over the sweet potatoes, this is a healthy plant based dish you can make at home. This recipe is inspired by Cooking NY Times, with some modification to make it delicious for vegan lovers. Enjoy!
Roasted sweet potatoes | with Tahini butter sauce
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 2 medium size sweet potatoes
- 4 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp oil for each potatoes
Tahini Butter Sauce
- ¼ cup tahini, stirred and mixed-well
- ½ medium lime, freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped with a pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- salt and pepper, to taste
To roast sweet potatoes
- Pre-heat the oven for 375 degree F
- Drizzle 2 tbsp of olive oil to each potatoes, sprinkle it with salt and pepper.
- Cover sweet potatoes separately. Wrap the potatoes with parchment paper first then with aluminum foil.
- Roast them in the oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Use paring knife to check if the potatoes are done. They should be soft all the way through.
To make tahini butter sauce
- In a small bowl, whisk tahini, lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, and maple syrup until smooth and well incorporated.
- Drizzle the sauce when the potatoes are ready to be served.
- Garnish them with fresh cilantro and sesame seeds.