These finger foods are not messy. They freeze well so you can make a big batch and save them. This is the perfect way to hide greens from picky eaters. (I remember when my 2 years old toddler preferred to eat a block of parmesan cheese for dinner rather than a meal, these nuggets came in handy!)
The cheese adds so much flavor, toddlers think they are getting treats!
Broccoli Cheddar Nuggets | Kids Friendly
- 8 oz broccoli florets or crowns or find broccoli with less stem.
- ¾ C shredded cheddar cheese alternative: you can buy a block of cheddar cheese, and chop them in a food processor.
- 2 medium eggs
- ½ C breadcrumbs
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degree F
- Boil 4 cups of water in a pot. Add broccoli and cook for 5 minutes
- Strain cooked broccoli, and let them cool.
- After they are cooled, chop them finely with a knife.
- Mix chopped broccoli, shredded cheddar cheese, eggs, and breadcrumbs in a mixingbowl.
- Mix them well, and using an ice cream scoop, place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake the nuggets for 15 minutes, rotate the pan and continue bake for another 15 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
- You can check if the nuggets are done, by checking if they are not mushy in the inside when you cut them in half.