Turmeric is one of the most powerful spices in the world.
It’s a potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant and may also help improve symptoms of depression and arthritis pain. Turmeric is the best thing you can add in your daily diet to improve gut health. Adding turmeric in your diet is a great way to increase your immune system, lower risks of heart disease, could improve your brain function, and a good source of anti aging.
- Rice Cooker
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1½ cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro (as garnish)
- Rinse rice with cold water
- Add water in the bowl of rice cooker (if using), otherwise use a pot
- Add turmeric and oil. Mix them well.
- If using a pot to cook; In a heavy saucepan, cook coconut oil and turmeric for 2 minutes, add rice. Stir to coat. Bring to a boil and simmer for 17 minutes. Uncover and stir with a fork until it's done.
- If using rice cooker, press the cook button until the it's done.
- Add cilantro as a garnish