This is a very moist and flavorful apple cake. Serve it topped with a cream cheese frosting to create the perfect tangy-sweet dessert. It is a perfect cake with the delicious winter spice you can’t get enough of.
Adapted from Martha Stewart’s recipe, this cake is perfect for tea time, dessert, or as a celebration cake.
A very moist Apple Cake
- 4 ounces melted butter
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1.5 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 4 medium granny smith apples, peeled, two grated, two sliced.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degree F
- Grate two apples, and slice the other two. Set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together melted butter, brown sugar, and eggs until well combined.
- Fold the eggs mixture with grated and apple slices.
- Add flour mixture and mix just until combined.
- Divide the batter among prepared pans.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes, and pass the cake teste
- Chef's Note:I love using a paring knife as my cake tester instead of toothpick. A paring knife has wider surface to determine if the cake is done.